The requirements for how we handle your complaints have changed, so from 5 October 2021, BOQ Group is making changes to our processes to acknowledge and resolve complaints sooner.
If you’re not happy with our service
We want to fix it
At BOQ Specialist, we pride ourselves on building long-term client relationships that are based on mutual respect and understanding. If we don’t meet your expectations, we want to hear from you so we can identify what went wrong and how we can fix it.
What happens when you make a complaint?
If you make a complaint, we’ll:
- Acknowledge your complaint promptly
- Listen to ensure we understand your concerns
- Consider your complaint fairly and objectively
- Apologise if we’ve done something wrong
- Resolve your complaint as quickly as possible
- Treat you with respect, sensitivity and compassion
The requirements for how we handle your complaints have changed
From 5 October 2021, we’re changing the way we handle complaints. We’re committing to:
- Acknowledging your complaint sooner. If you make a complaint in person or over the phone, we’ll acknowledge your complaint and try to resolve it immediately. If we receive your complaint in writing, we’ll acknowledge it within one business day (previously 48 hours) of receiving it.
- Resolving your complaint faster. If your complaint is about financial hardship or a default notice, we’ll try to resolve it within 21 days. We’ll aim to resolve all other complaints within 30 days (previously 45 days).
- Changes to our Customer Advocate service. In line with the latest Australian Banking Association Customer Advocate Guiding Principles, we are refocusing this team to be our advocate for continuous improvement in a customer-centric culture. This team will no longer be a direct point of contact for customers wanting to escalate a complaint or dispute. External escalation can still be made to the free and independent Australian Financial Complaints Authority.
- Complaint contact methods. We’re updating all the information on how you can contact us or Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
These improvements will help us fix things when they don’t go to plan, and do better for you and all of our customers in the future.
If English isn’t your first language
If you have limited English and would prefer to speak to us in another language, call us on 1300 160 160 so we can arrange an interpreter to help you. The interpreter services are free of charge.
Read about our interpreter services in your preferred language.
- 如果您希望用普通话和我们交流，您拨打我们电话 1300 160 160 时我们可以为您安排翻译。
- Nếu quý vị muốn nói chuyện với chúng tôi bằng tiếng Việt, chúng tôi có thể thu xếp thông dịch viên để giúp đỡ khi quý vị gọi điện cho chúng tôi theo số 1300 160 160
- إذا كنت تفضّل التحدّث إلينا باللغة العربية فيمكننا التنسيق مع مترجم لمساعدتك عند الاتصال بنا
- على الرقم 160 160 1300
- 고객이 한국어로 소통하기를 원하는 경우 1300 160 160 로 전화하시면, 전화 통역 서비스를 준비해 드릴 수 있습니다.
- 如果您希望用粵語和我們溝通，我們可以安排一名口譯員在您致電 1300 160 160 聯絡我們時為您提供幫助。