Upcoming changes to the Platinum credit card Frequent Flyer earn rate
What is changing?
We’re introducing a change to the way Qantas Points and Velocity Points are earned and apply to cardholders who hold a BOQ Specialist Platinum credit card.
The following changes will take effect on 1 April 2022:
- You will earn 0.5 points for every $1 spent on eligible transactions1 in Australia up to $10,000 spent each statement period.
- Thereafter, you will now earn 0.25 points for every $1 spent on eligible transactions in Australia for spend over the $10,000 each statement period.
There is no change to the way points are earned on asset finance purchases and asset finance monthly repayments. Any points earned on asset finance purchases and repayments will not count towards the $10,000 domestic spend threshold, and remain uncapped.
There is no change to the way points are earned on international transactions. You will still earn 1 Qantas or Velocity Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
BOQ Specialist Platinum credit cardholders will receive a notice of the change via email at least 30 days prior to the effective date of 1 April 2022. Please read the information contained in the email carefully as it relates to changes to the Terms and Conditions that govern your BOQ Specialist Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and BOQ Specialist Velocity Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and retain a copy for your records, a copy will be published here.
Here’s a quick reminder of the great rewards and benefits offered on our Platinum credit card
- 0.5 Qantas Points or 0.5 Velocity Frequent Flyer Point for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia up to $10,000 spent each statement period, and 0.25 Qantas Point or 0.25 Velocity Frequent Flyer Point per $1 for the spend over $10,000 each statement period.
- 1 Qantas Point or Velocity Frequent Flyer Point for every $1 spent on eligible international purchases2
- Complimentary access to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, or register at no cost for the Velocity Frequent Flyer program as a BOQ Specialist credit cardholder