Our people are behind
In an organisation where the leadership is just as accessible as the coffee machine, you will be encouraged to generate ideas, collaborate and contribute, no matter where you start your career with BOQ Specialist.
For us, it’s important to stand out. We pride ourselves on being distinctive and we value diversity and innovation. Our people are entrepreneurial by nature, they are self starters who are focused on learning and making a difference and they enjoy working together to do what is best for clients.
At BOQ Specialist you will work with a highly talented, capable team that continually pushes the boundaries and our proven track record and continued desire to grow the business means that you will be joining a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Why BOQ Specialist?
Partner with professionals
It’s the personalised service and care for our clients that set us apart from other banks. BOQ Specialist has a strong reputation within the medical industry, because we work hard to build long-term relationships with our clients, so that they can make financial decisions that are right for them.
Help those that help others. The satisfaction that comes with working with clients that truly appreciate your expertise is not something you find in every banking role.
At BOQ Specialist you will be encouraged to work with individuals from across the business and you will get exposure to all of our products, services and processes setting solid foundations for a long term career in the industry.
Be a person, not a number
The size of our business means you are not just a ‘number’. Each individual is valued for their contribution. Teamwork underpins what sets us apart and allows us to deliver a distinctive experience.
Join a motivated team
At BOQ Specialist you will work with many highly skilled, experienced people that continually push the boundaries. Our proven track record and continued desire to grow our business means that you will be joining a dynamic, fast paced environment.
For us, it’s important to stand out and offer a genuinely different banking experience for our chosen niche clients. We pride ourselves on being distinctive and we value diversity and innovation.
People who work for us are entrepreneurial by nature. They are self starters who are focused on learning and making a difference and they enjoy working collaboratively to do what is best for clients.
Work in partnership
We are experts, working in partnership with our clients. We develop a personal relationship with each and every one of our clients and this, combined with our deep industry knowledge, is the foundation of our success
Benefits and opportunities
Your knowledge and expertise is critical to our success so we actively encourage our people to proactively further themselves professionally and personally.
- Job ready pathways: At BOQ Specialist we give our employees a holistic career in banking, we do this by cross-training, up-skilling and providing variety when it comes to promotion and career advancement.
- Education assistance: We provide financial assistance and study leave to help complete your studies.
- Professional memberships: We encourage you to network and maintain relationships with those in your field by providing assistance for relevant professional memberships.
- Learning @ the push of button: Our online learning platform gives you access to hundreds of recognised training courses.
- Flexibility: We understand you have a life outside of work so we encourage a balanced lifestyle with the opportunity to take career breaks, purchase additional annual leave, structure flexible work arrangements and take industry-leading parental leave schemes.
- Employee Share Plan: There is no better way to be part of a company than to own a share of it. Each year, Eligible Employees are invited to become shareholders by using pre-tax income to acquire shares in BOQ through the Employee Share Plan.
- Personal banking and insurance benefits: Enjoy the benefits of our competitive banking and insurance product suites, made even more attractive with our employee only offers.
- Health and wellbeing: At BOQ Specialist we recognise that a happy healthy lifestyle translates into committed and productive employees. We have a number of benefits to ensure you’re always at your best, including tailored private health insurance, discounted gym memberships and Employee Assistance Programs.
Start your career at
Many of our experienced financial specialists got their start in our Client Service Centre.
If you are due to graduate with a degree in accounting, business, commerce, economics, finance or law, the BOQ Specialist Client Service Centre can offer you an immersive, hands-on start to your career. As a Customer Service Advisor you will be the first point of contact for clients. Responsibilities include interacting with clients across all channels and supporting the full range of personal and business banking products. Your time will be divided between answering client phone calls, responding to client emails and processing real-time operational requests.
A day in the life of the Client Service team