Switching banks

It’s easy to switch your banking to BOQ Specialist

Personal customers only need to call our Client Service Centre, setup a new account and we will help you move your existing direct debits and credits like salaries and automatic bill payments.

You will be asked to complete a Notice of Variation of Account Details Form and this will be sent to your existing financial institution. Your existing financial institution will supply a list of all your existing direct debits and direct credits, and you have the opportunity to transfer these to BOQ Specialist, without the need to write to inform your current direct creditor or debitor of your new bank account details.

For business customers, there is a simple letter template which can be completed and provided to your current direct debitors.

What do you need to get started?

Your BOQ Specialist transaction account number and BSB;

Your old bank account number and BSB;

Don't have a BOQ Specialist account yet?

You can quickly glance at our Everyday Banking products. When you've chosen the account you would like to open, contact our Client Service Centre on 1300 160 160.

Need help?

You can contact our Client Service Centre on 1300 160 160 anytime - 24 hours, 7 days a week. Once set up, you can monitor all your direct credits and debits through BOQ Specialist Online Banking. You may also wish to refer to our FAQs on Account Switching below.

Switching: Frequently asked questions

I've recently opened a BOQ Specialist One Account, how do I arrange for Direct Credit and Direct Debit transactions to be transferred to the new account?

As part of the account opening process you would have been asked if you would like to switch your regular payments to BOQ Specialist. If so, you will need to complete the Notice of Variation of Account Details Form.

Once you have completed the form, we will submit this to your old financial institution. Your old financial institution is obliged to provide a list of your existing Direct Debits and Direct Credits.

Once this information has been returned to BOQ Specialist you can decide to: 

Migrate the payment to BOQ Specialist

Cancel the regular payment

Leave the regular payment with your old financial institution


Is there a cost for using the assisted switching service?

No. The service is free for BOQ Specialist clients.

How can I request a 13 Month regular payment listing for a BOQ Specialist account?

If you would like a 13 month regular payment listing for a BOQ Specialist account, please talk to our Client Service Centre on 1300 160 160.

How long will it take before I receive my 13 Month regular payment listing for a BOQ Specialist account?

Your 13 month regular payment listing for a BOQ Specialist account will be mailed directly to your mailing address within 5 business days of submitting the request.

Can I request BOQ Specialist to seek a 13 month listing from my other financial institution?

Yes. You can provide BOQ Specialist the authority to seek a 13 month regular payment listing on your behalf by completing a Notice of variation form. Please speak to one of our Client Service Specialist on 1300 160 160 to receive the form.

What do I need to complete the Notice of Variation so BOQ Specialist can request a 13 Month Regular Payment list from another bank?

You will need to provide the account name, BSB and account number of the account you hold with the other financial institution along with your BOQ Specialist account name, BSB and account number you would be seeking to transfer the payments to. You may find some of this information on an account statement.

What do I do if I want to transfer some of my payments to my BOQ Specialist account?

When completing a Notice of Variation of Account Details form you have the option of selecting to receive a 13 month listing. Once you receive the listing, you can select which payments are to be transferred  to BOQ Specialist.

What things should I consider when switching my accounts?

When switching payments, some companies require notice of a change of bank details well in advance of the billing date. In this case, a switching notice may not take effect until the next billing cycle.

It is important to retain an adequate balance in your old account until notification is received from the company you have payment arrangements with (e.g. Utility Providers, Phone Company) that your regular payments have been transferred to the new account.

Can I switch my credit card through the Switching Service?

No. Credit cards are not supported by the switching service.

What should I do if a payment has not been switched?

If a regular payment has not been switched, please contact us.

BOQ Specialist - a division of Bank of Queensland Limited ABN 32 009 656 740 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence no. 244616 (BOQ Specialist). Use of the information contained on this page is governed by Australian law and is subject to the Terms and Conditions which can be read by clicking here. View the BOQ Specialist Privacy Policy by clicking here.